Check out the F.A.Q. !

Recent News/Updates.

Moderator: Moderator

Shu
Addicted to myself

Check out the F.A.Q. !

Post by Shu »

http://www.le-shu.be/forums/faq.php

Edit by ViloN: The FAQ is completed and has been uploaded.
You can find it here or by clicking the FAQ icon, in the upper right corner.
nanor
Oh, i'm coming to you

Post by nanor »

You didn't lock it, so I'm going to comment.

Firstly, it bothers me to think that someone will find this site without knowing that "The Shu Mod is a modification... [that] enable[s] you to fake (cheat) your Ratio on private Trackers."Secondly, aren't we supposed to try to remain inconspicuous? The people that really want this mod will know what it does. We probably don't want the people that actually find out that "The Shu Mod is a...." when they go to the faq. It's not something to publicize if you desire a non-noobish community.
EvilCheese
HD Addict's Anonymous

Post by EvilCheese »

Good point nanor.

I was just copying the original F.A.Q. I may have to edit that now ;)

Should we even have an F.A.Q. Its kind of obvious how to use it if you READ.
Cheesy.
hyro

Post by hyro »

Agree with nanor, shouldn't state it so obvious
gsepp
Food

Post by gsepp »

i would have to agree also - the people who find their way here know why there are here and what can be found... i think that almost advertising the mod is the wrong way to do things and is not necessary.

i think the users here know how valuble tools like this mod (and others) are, and know that if they are used badly, they will beome useless as the people running trackers become more and more aware of how tools like this work...

i'm not trying to act like me and everyone here are elitist, but the userbase will grow by itself over time through people speaking to each other, and i dont think info about it needs to be made too public...

i realise that the faq is for this site only, but hey, that's just my 0.02c...
shufranky
Food

Post by shufranky »

i am fairly new here, and i got here because i was looking -really hard-for exactly what is offered in this community, and it was all what i expected and more, (thanks shu :D ) but...if i may sugest, maybe if a word doc is distrubuted with the mod AZ.jar file in which the diffrent settings are briefly explained, that would eleminate a lot of FAQ, kinda like a user manual that is downloaded with the mod jar file. and i know that someone is about to comment how that if i dont know the settings then i dont need to be here, but that would be in-acurat, see for example i know a great deal about other computer stuff but i am still new to the whole BT concept! :(

So, anyways i just think that a will written doc detaling things would eleminate the need for a FAQ corner. sorry for the typos
Last edited by shufranky on 16 Jan 2006, 03:56, edited 2 times in total.
nanor
Oh, i'm coming to you

Post by nanor »

Someone needs to write it first. Shu's busy with actually coding the mod, so DO NOT ASK HIM to do it. Everyone that's using the mod doesn't need one. And everyone that does need it doesn't know how to write it. If anyone cares, writing a faq may get you advanced member status.
JerryJ
Let's get weird !

Post by JerryJ »

nanor wrote:Someone needs to write it first. Shu's busy with actually coding the mod, so DO NOT ASK HIM to do it. Everyone that's using the mod doesn't need one. And everyone that does need it doesn't know how to write it. If anyone cares, writing a faq may get you advanced member status.
I'd write it for that.
fallout
Let's get weird !

Post by fallout »

i can help with the FAQ either.
carllfo
Like a baby's arm holding an apple

Post by carllfo »

Azurine is writing the F.A.Q.

JerryJ if you keep being a helpful contributing member there's no reason why you shouldn't become an advanced user ;)
arice
I'm excited. Are you?

Post by arice »

if ppl dont like to put the faq in the forum.... what about to put it with the software itself?
The dark side of the Leech is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural !
hellwich
Site Admin

Post by hellwich »

there is really no need for a faq I think, the program itself is selfexplainitory..

Azurine, when do you think the FAQ is ready?
hellwich
Site Admin

Post by hellwich »

Topic closed

reason:
old thread, faq is already finished by ViLoN
FAQ can be found here (word-document) or here (website).