Azureus appear as utorent?

You have a question? you are afraid? this is the right place [No Shu Mod Questions]

Moderator: Moderator

theplaya
Let's get weird !

Azureus appear as utorent?

Post by theplaya »

I dont know if its an azureus issue or a shu mod but i registered on a private tracker and client appears as banned. Maybe because it's the 3.x.x.x. version i'm currently running.

Well anyway i plan on upgrade to the latest version but if that wont solve my problem how can i spoof the client into appearing as another client like utorrent or whatever?
carllfo
Like a baby's arm holding an apple

Re: Azureus appear as utorent?

Post by carllfo »

It will be because you are using an old version, trackers often ban out of date clients.
Check their rules or forum for legit versions.
theplaya
Let's get weird !

Post by theplaya »

Nope,sadly this is not it.I just updated with the latest versions of vuze and abuze mod and i still get the message. Sad thing is that the tracker is german and i do not understand a word. I cant even locate the FAQ!

Although i'm pretty sure that utorrent will be supported, so how do i spoof azureus into disguising as utorrent client?
forrie
Supahonky Pimp Daddy

Post by forrie »

You can't really.

You can sppof any version of Azureus and some other clients quite easily. The problem with uTorrent, whilst you can spoof to the tracker without much hassle, it's bloody hard to spoof to other uTorrent clients. I remember ages ago we worked out how to dupe the packets sent by uTorrent to the tracker but there was some secret hand shacking going on between clients that nobody could manage to work out.

Shu - I just had a thought...I think the Mainline client is based on uTorrent nowdays?
The new BitTorrent 6 for Windows brings together BitTorrent's proven expertise in networking protocols with µTorrent's efficient implementation and compelling UI to create a better BitTorrent client.
http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download

It's open source...perhaps some answers for a uTorrent spoof lie in the code?
...::::
ǝ1ʇɹnʇ ɐ ǝʞı1 uǝddı1ɟ
:::....
Shu
Addicted to myself

Post by Shu »

forrie wrote:You can't really.

You can sppof any version of Azureus and some other clients quite easily. The problem with uTorrent, whilst you can spoof to the tracker without much hassle, it's bloody hard to spoof to other uTorrent clients. I remember ages ago we worked out how to dupe the packets sent by uTorrent to the tracker but there was some secret hand shacking going on between clients that nobody could manage to work out.

Shu - I just had a thought...I think the Mainline client is based on uTorrent nowdays?
The new BitTorrent 6 for Windows brings together BitTorrent's proven expertise in networking protocols with µTorrent's efficient implementation and compelling UI to create a better BitTorrent client.
http://www.bittorrent.com/btusers/download

It's open source...perhaps some answers for a uTorrent spoof lie in the code?
i already got the answer
it's like for other client that try to spoof azureus... if they don't speak the azureus messaging protocol with each other.. then they get detected as fake !

utorrent also does that :p
[url=irc://irc.xevion.net/shu]irc://irc.xevion.net/shu[/url]
theplaya
Let's get weird !

Post by theplaya »

Are there any news to this? As it apperas revolutiontt.net which is my favorite and the only one left to use, also banned Azureus. I have updated to latest vuze and shu mod versions but the client is not supported any more.

Is there really no way for Azureus to communicate to the tracker as one of the safe clients without being detected? I really dont want to stop using revolutiontt. Pluse more trackers will follow the same tactic, and azureus will be left to be used only with public trackers.
Banned Clients:

# ABC - Randomly reports bad stats to the tracker.
# Azureus/Vuze - Bloated client way to easy to modify to cheat.
# BinTorrent - Users caught cheating with this client.
# BitLord - Based on old buggy BitComet code.
# BitSpirit - Randomly sends DHT packets to its own public tracker.
# BitTorrent - Reported to do bad things.
# burst! - No longer maintained.
# eDonkey2000 - Not a proper Torrent client.
# eXeem - Not a proper Torrent client.
# G3 - Consistantly reports bad stats to the tracker.
# LimeWire - Not a proper Torrent client.
# mldonkey - Not a proper Torrent client.
# Shareazza - Not a proper Torrent client.
# Torrentstorm - Development and bug fixes ceased 30th March 2005.
# Turbo Torrent - Rumoured to do bad things.
# XBT Client - By default does not identify itself on the swarm or can be configured to pretend to be another client
# Ziptorrent - Not a proper Torrent client.