The Abuze Mod FAQ

Moderator: Moderator

ViloN
Come on, a few more and you'll be... magnet!

The Abuze Mod FAQ

Post by ViloN »

The Abuze Mod FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Vuze v4.2.0.0 | Abuze Mod v4.2.0.0.232

Abuze Mod Related Questions and Answers
A new version of Vuze is available, should I update?
Are there any default fake options/could you implement any?
Abuze mod crashes my computer, can I stop it?
Can I run two (2) instances of Vuze at the same time?
Can I use the same fake option(s) all the time, without getting banned?
Can I use plugins together with Abuze mod?
Does Abuze mod use any special ports?
How big is the risk of getting banned from a tracker?
How can I see what version of Abuze mod I'm currently running?
How do I become a advanced/VIP user?
I'm interested in translating Abuze mod, how can I do it?
I'm unable to login with my username and password inside Vuze and/or the Entrance, why?
I want a customized version of Abuze mod, is it possible?
Is fake uploading detectable?
Is it possible for a tracker and/or tracker admin to identify me as using Abuze mod?
Is it possible to run Abuze mod on Linux / OS X?
Is it possible to run Abuze mod on Windows Vista?
Abuze mod doesn't start fake uploading, why?
Abuze mod keeps asking for donation, why?
What are the best/safest settings to use with Abuze mod?
What are the requirements in order to download the mod/where and how can I download it?
What is the "Abuze mod"?
Why can't I use all options/some options are greyed out, why?
Why doesn't fake upload update the stats on my tracker?

Vuze Related Questions and Answers

How do I enable transport encryption in Vuze?
How do I disable DHT in Vuze?
How do I turn on logging in Vuze?
I'm getting slow download speeds, why?
I'm loosing my internet connection when using and/or starting Vuze, why?
Where can I find plugins for Vuze?

Guides and Instructions
Adding columns
Detailed explanation of the Abuze mod and it's options
Installation of Abuze mod and nessecary components
Reporting a bug/providing error data
Specify no upload for peers you don't want to upload to
Tips for not getting banned
Translating Abuze mod

User/Forum Information and Rules

Donations - Become Advanced/VIP user
Forum rules
IRC Channel
The Beta/Moderator application form

Other

Contribute to the FAQ
Links
Credits

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abuze Mod Related Questions and Answers

A new version of Vuze is available, should I update?
Yes and no. It often takes a while (a couple of days) before the Abuze Mod for the new version is being released (to VIP/Beta testers).
So, if you're a non-VIP user, it's not recommend to upgrade to a newer version of Vuze, before a new Abuze Mod has been released, unless you want to loose all functionality. For more information about VIP, see the section regarding donations.

Are there any default fake options/could you implement any?
No. Although this would be possible, it would increase the risk of detection and thereby the risk of you getting banned.

Abuze Shu mod crashes my computer, can I stop it?
Yes. This problem is not related to the program neither the Abuze mod. This is probably caused by some bad and/or damaged hardware
component in your computer. You could also try reinstalling Vuze completely.

Can I run two (2) instances of Vuze at the same time?
No. This is useless anyway.

Can I use the same fake option(s) all the time, without getting banned?
Maybe. Although we can't say that it will ban you, it will for sure increase the risk of actually getting banned. The best you could do
is to use different fake options with different settings.

Can I use plugins together with Abuze mod?
Yes. You can use the same plugins as for normal Vuze.

Does Abuze mod use any special ports?
Yes. Apart from the port you use to download/upload with in Vuze, Abuze mod uses port (80) http, for validating your account.

How big is the risk of getting banned from a tracker?
There is really no answer to this. Although there always is a risk, you can read about what do do and what to not
do under "Tips for not getting banned".

How can I see which version of Abuze mod I'm currently running?
If you open up Vuze and take a look at the bottom of the window, where information is displayed about NAT (and ratio etc.),
you should see a blue bar saying what version of Abuze mod your currently running and if it's outdated.

This is an example of how it will look running the latest version:

This is an example of how it will look running an old version:

How do I become a advanced/VIP user?
You can become a advanced/VIP user by either contributing with something useful to the community or by donating. Read more about
donating under "Donations - Become Advanced/VIP user".

I'm interested in translating Abuze mod, how can I do it?
Read about it in "Guides and instructions" under "Translating Abuze Mod".

I'm unable to login with my username and password inside Vuze and/or the Entrance, why?
Since the new upgrade of phpbb 3.0, the usernames are case sensitive, which means you can't write "idiot" if your username is "iDiOT".
If you are still unable to login, contact a moderator for further assistance or try resetting your password.

I want a customized version of Abuze mod, is it possible?
If you want your own customized version of Abuze Mod, you can get it by donating a small amount of money.
Here are some examples of what could be customized:

Send a pm to Shu with the topic 'Customized Abuze Mod' for more information.
If you have any other idea on your own customized version, feel free to ask if it is possible to customize.

Is fake uploading detectable?
Yes. However you can minimize the risk of getting banned by taking some precautions.
Read more under "Tips for not getting banned"

Is it possible for a tracker and/or tracker admin to identify me as using Abuze mod?
No. Abuze mod is a modification of the original Vuze core, so trackers and/or tracker admins will think that you are using Vuze.

Is it possible to run Abuze mod on Linux / OS X?
Yes. Make a search on this forum or try google.

Is it possible to run Abuze mod on Windows Vista?
Yes. If you should encounter any problems, make a post in the "Help and Support" forum or send a pm to Shu. Also make sure your are running as an admin and try XP compability mode (before posting about it).

Abuze mod doesn't start fake uploading, why?
This is because the option "Stop increase the fake upload when you are connected..." is set to not fake upload if you are connected to less then x peers and peer/seed ratio lower then y%.
If you are really sure you want to upload anyway, set x and y = 0.

Abuze mod keeps asking for donation, why?
This is because you haven't yet logged in with your account or because your account is invalid.
Go to "Tools -> Options -> Shu" and enter your username/password and click "Check account".
Note: This is only required to do once.

What are the best/safest settings to use with Abuze mod?
There are no such thing as the best/safest settings. You have to figure out the one that fits you best.
Also make sure you have read: "Tips for not getting banned".

What are the requirements in order to download the mod/where and how can I download it?
In order to download and use the Abuze Mod you must sign up for a free account on this forum.
You can download the latest version in the main entrance (here or click Entrance up in the right corner), by going to that page and enter your user details.

What is the "Abuze mod"?
The Abuze Mod is a modification of the original Vuze core that allows you to use different fake uploading/reporting options on torrent trackers.

Why can't I use all options/some options are greyed out, why?
This is because you are not a Advanced/VIP user. These options are only available to users that either has donated some money to support
the developement of the mod or users that have been contributing with something useful to the community.
Read more about donations and how to get an Advanced/VIP user under "Donations - Become Advanced/VIP user".

Why doesn't fake upload update the stats on my tracker?
This is because some trackers doesn't update the stats immediately. Wait a few minutes and it will show up.

Vuze Related Questions and Answers

How do I enable transport encryption in Vuze?
Go to: "Tools -> Options -> Connection -> Transport Encryption"
Then check the box "Require encrypted transport" and
click the save button. Done!

How do I disable DHT in Vuze?
Follow these steps to disable DHT and only accepts peers from the tracker you are downloading from:

1. Go to "Tools -> Options -> Connection" and under the section "Peer sources", deselect everything except "From a tracker" (picture)
2. "Plugins ->Distributed DB" and uncheck "Enable the distributed database" (picture).
3. "Plugins -> Distributed Tracker" and uncheck "Only track normal torrents when their tracker is unavailable".
4. "Sharing ->" and check the box with the name "Private torrent - only accept peers from tracker" and the box under it will grey out (picture).
5. [OPTIONAL] You also might want to turn off the status indicator for the Distributed database, you can do this by going to "Interface -> Display" and uncheck "DDB Status".

I'm getting slow download speeds, why?
This is depending on a various number of things, here are some possible reasons:
  • Check if your torrent has enough peers (leechers/seeders) and if there is a green smiley under "Health" in torrents view.
  • If you got a router, make sure you change default port and forward it properly in your routers configuration (http://www.portforward.com).
  • Make sure nothing else is using your bandwith while downloading.
  • Make sure you are running the latest firmware on your router.
  • Read more about this here and here.
[/size]

I'm loosing my internet connection when using and/or starting Vuze, why?
Many different issues can resort in your Internet Connections timing out, while using Vuze. All of them have to do with Vuze opening too many Connections,
and not closing them properly. This results in your modem and/or router "crashing". There are several things you should try:

• Change the Java version installed, try the newest Java Beta, or try an older one.
  • Dont use a USB cable to connect your modem or router! The TCP/IP Stack is not meant to run over USB.
    The system emulates the connections. It's like fishing with an old sock. It works but not very well.
  • Limit your connections. Try this link for ideal settings: Link
  • Change TCP/IP wait delay time (read below).
TCP/IP connections has a certain "wait time" which tells them when to close automatically. If the command "netstat" in the command line
gives you many "idle" connections, you should try the following, to reduce the amount of half-open connections. This will take a lot of load from your connection:

Code: Select all

# TcpTimedWaitDelay

* Description: Determines the time that must elapse before TCP/IP can release a closed connection and reuse its resources. 
This interval between closure and release is known as the TIME_WAIT state or twice the maximum segment lifetime (2MSL) state. 
During this time, reopening the connection to the client and server cost less than establishing a new connection. Reducing the value of this entry allows TCP/IP to release closed connections faster,
providing more resources for new connections.
Adjust this parameter if the running application requires rapid release, 
creation of new connections, and there is a low throughput due to many connections sitting in TIME_WAIT.

* How to view or set:
1. Using the regedit command, access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\ Services\TCPIP\Parameters
and create a new REG_DWORD named TcpTimedWaitDelay.
2. Set the value to decimal 30, which is Hex 0x0000001e.
3. Stop and restart the system.
* Default value: 0xF0 (240 seconds = 4 minutes)
* Recommended value: The minimum value of 0x1E (30 seconds)
[/size]

Where can I find plugins for Vuze?
Try the offical Vuze website: Link

Guides and instructions

Adding columns
Addins columns in azureus is very easy to do. Start by rightclicking somewhere in the white area of your torrent view (the place
where you can see your downloads in queue) and select "Column Setup". Check the boxes for the columns you want and
uncheck for those you don't want and then confirm by clicking "OK".

Detailed explanation of the Abuze mod and it's options
Since this guide is concentrated to new users of the Abuze mod, it will be quite detailed and experienced users may find it (almost or completly) useless.
If you only want information on a specific option, you can scroll down and watch it, since all pictures are in order (according to Abuze mod options).
Okey here we go:

Start off by going to Tools -> Options -> Shu. Look at the top of the window to the right.

This is where the latest news regarding the Abuze mod is dispalyed. For example, you can read about the latest released version.

Here is where you need to type in your username and password and click 'check account', the first time you install/use the mod.
It will also tell you what usertype you are. These are the usertypes out there:
  • Simple user: Access to everything except no upload and no download report to peers.
  • Advanced user: Access to everything in the mod.
  • VIP: Access to everything in the mod and access to beta releases.
  • Beta: Access to everything in the mod and access to beta releases (beta tester).
  • User banned: Not access to anything.
  • User in jail: You have broken against the forum rules and have been put into jail (you still got access to the mod though).
  • User group not allowed: You’re in a user group that’s currently not allowed to use the mod.
  • Username and/or password is incorrect: You have specified the wrong username or password.
This is the splash screen chooser. It allows you to select what picture you want to be shown when starting azureus.
You can also preview by clicking that button.

This is the no upload function. If you are a advanced member / VIP user you have access to this. It allows you to not upload any data to peers at all.

This allows you to stop the torrent when it's finished (= no seeding). The two (2) other option lets you remove the torrent from the seeding list and also remove the .torrent file.

Every time you finish downloading a torrent, a small data string is being sent, telling the tracker that you finished your download.
By checking this options it won't send this data when you actually completed your download. This is useful for example when
using the no report option (look down furhter).

Once in a while the torrentclient sends a 'update stats' command, letting the tracker know, how much you downloaded and uploaded.
When doing this it also try to get more peers into your list of peers. By checking this option it tries to add x more peers every time this update occurs.
May increase your download speed.

This allows you to always manually click the update tracker button (Rightclick torrent -> Details) to make a tracker update (described above).

This will reduce the time between the automatic tracker updates (described above), by the number you enter into the box.
For example. If you enter '5' into the box and the normal tracker update time is 30, the new time will be: 30/5 = 6 mins.
This is not recommend unless you have a good reason for it.

The no report to peers option will make other peers (downloaders and uploaders) to think that you always have 0% downloaded.
Although this is great, they can still see you downloading/uploading, so be careful.

The clientspoof isn't working fully (and the tracker spoof isn't even implemented, there is just a GUI for it).

When you turn off you fake upload (check below) sometimes and start uploading/downloading like normal, it will increase (what the tracker think is real upload/download)
with the last session's statistics. Try it out if you don't know what I'm talking about.

Check the box at the top to use fake upload/reporting. The other option is an option that allows you to fake in somewhat a safe(r) way.
It stops using fake upload when your'e connected to less then x peers or the peer/seed ratio is lower then x%.

This is another option that let's you fake in more safe way. By using this option it won't fake upload more then a*x. For example:
If your torrent is 5gb and you set 1.5 into the box, then it won't fake upload more then 1.5*5gb = 7,5gb.

This is the download reduction option (sounds nice, doesn't it :lol:). Start by typing into the box, the amount you want to decrease your download by
(what the tracker think is real download) and then select either of these options:
  • Alone: No upload will get deactivated (if you has access to it) and everything will move on.
  • Mix: Check this and then use any of the fake uploading options together with it (see below).
This function tells the tracker that you either:
  • Is a leech with 0% completed and ain't dl/ul anything (Show you as a leech)
  • Is a seeder with 100% completed and ain't dl/ul anything (Show you as a seed)
Fakeuploads a amount between the two numbers you entered into the box. For example:
If you have downloaded 1gb and set 1.5 and 1.7 into the boxes, it will fake upload between 1.5*1gb= 1.5gb and 1.7*1gb = 1.7gb.
Intelligent mode will increase the upload slowly as with a real torrent. The other option will turn off ratio mode when you have completed your download.
Instead you will use your real upload (and for members with access to no upload, that option will get disabled).

Uses specified speed to fakeupload.
  • The first option will make the fakeupload start when you have downloaded a certain amount (%). Enter whatever percent of completion
    you want into the box.
  • Second options is same a described above, it starts uploading slowly and increases over time (as with a real upload session).
  • Third option lets you fake upload while upload real data at the same time. For users with access to all options no upload will get deactivated.
  • Uses the svarm average speed as fake upload speed (There is a column that can show you svarm average speed, see the guide for
    adding columns if you want to know how).
  • Fifth options stops faking when you reach a specified ratio between x and y. For example:
    You have downloaded 1gb and set the ratio option to between 1.5 and 2.0, it will stop fakeuploading when it reaches between 1.5gb and 2gb.
  • At the bottom you can insert what fake upload speed you want to upload with.
This will fake uploading by multiplying your real upload with x. For example:
You have uploaded 5gb and you set between 2.0 and 4.0. Then you will fake upload between 2*5gb = 10gb and 4*5gb = 20gb.
The mix with Fake upload seeding mode should not be checked since that options is under developement.

More information about this option will be available when/if the option is fully working.

And don't forget the maybe most important feature :lol:!
Read what the picture says and then read 'Donations - Become Advanced/VIP user'.
[/size]

Installation of Abuze mod and nessecary components
1. Start by downloading and installing the latest java.
2. Install the latest version of Vuze.
3. Download the archive containing the latest Abuze Mod.
4. Extract the files from the archive (.rar) with winrar or similar program, into the directory where you previously installed Vuze and choose to overwrite existing files.
5. Abuze Mod has been succesfully installed!

Reporting a bug/providing error data
First of all when you see or think Vuze is starting to act abnormal, you should go post about it in the 'Bug reporting' section
(Make sure you search the section, using the search function, to make sure it hasn't been reported earlier).
Then, when you do this, to get a good answer as fast as possible you need to use this template when posting:

Code: Select all

--- System info ---
Java Version:
Azureus Version:
Shu Version:

--- Fake upload options settings (Shu Mod settings) ---

--- Problem description ---

--- Already tested solutions ---

--- Shu Mod console log ---
[/size]

Specify no upload for peers you don't want to upload to
Sometimes you may want to restrict upload to a single or a couple of peers. Here's how to do it:

1. Start by rightclicking on you torrent -> Show details -> Peers.
2. Now you will see a list of all peers that you're currently connected to.
3. Righclick on the one(s) you don't wish to upload to and simply select 'No upload'.

Note: This option is only available to Advanced/VIP users.

Tips for not getting banned
  • Try making your fake upload and your overall statistics as realistic as possible, like if you were not fake uploading.
  • Don't use the same fake uploading/reporting option all the time. Try using a combination of all options.
  • It's better to fake upload a smaller amount on many torrent then a large amount on one.
[/size]

Translating Abuze Mod
First of all you need to get the file to translate. Get it manually by using winrar (or similar program) to extract the files inside Azureus2.jar (found in latest Abuze mod).
Then browse to: \org\gudy\azureus2\internat\ and open the file named "MessagesBundle.properties".

Then start translating from top, only translating the words on the right side of the "=". The last thing you should translate is:
"DonationWindowShu.thanks.text=Shu wants to thank you for supporting him!"'

When you're done. Send a pm to Shu containing the translated language file, together with what language you translated it into.

User/Forum information and rules

Donations - Become Advanced/VIP user
Advanced and VIP users are either:

- People who have donated some money in order ot support the developement.
- People who have contributed with something to the community/developement.

Being in any of these usergroups (including beta tester and moderator) gives you full access to all options in the mod, which is:

- No upload
- Fake report to peers (peers will always see you as 0% done) [BETA]

There is also one difference between VIP and advanced users. VIP users have access to everything in the mod and have access to all upcoming beta releases, while Advanced users only have full access to the mod. Also VIP
users can request features from Shu and he will try to implement them, if possible.

Here is what it will cost you for a lifetime access:

Advanced member => Between 10€ and 24€
VIP => 25€ or more

Forum rules
Read about what rules that applies to a certain category, in that category.

IRC Channel
Come talk with the people behind this forum and the developement of the Azureus Shu Mod!

[url=irc://irc.xevion.net/shu]Click here to join us[/url] (works if you have mIRC installed).
Server: irc.xevion.net
Channel: #shu

You need a IRC chat client in order to connect. mIRC is recommend.

The Beta/Moderator application form
Contact Shu regarding this subject.

Other

Contribute to the FAQ
If you got something you want added or if you have something you have written that you want to be in here, send me (ViloN) a pm.

Links
[/size]

Credits
Here are the people that have made this FAQ possible:
  • JazzMatazz - For his solution to loosy internet connections.
  • Shu - For the developement of the mod.
[/size]